THIS COMING WEEK ON BROKEN ROAD RADIO …
Welcome to Broken Road Radio! Here you'll enjoy the music of the 50's, 60's and 70's, both sacred and secular (we looked for music from the 80's, but couldn't find any). We play new music, too, but we're downright picky about it.
Broken Road is a different flavor of Christian radio and, while most folks listen for the music, you'll want know that our 8:00 (Central) hour weekday mornings often contains conversations with some articulate folks with special knowledge to share with you. Not sermons. Not preachy stuff. Not churchy, either. Typically, these last for 30 minutes or so, then it's back to music. If you don't mind going a bit deeper into the things that matter, listen for these special people ...
• Dr. Don Clark, a biochemist and board Vice Chairman with Creation Moments, joins us on Monday mornings during our 8:00 hour Central. You'll enjoy a true scientist's perspectives on faith and you can join the discussion in the chat window below. Creation vs. evolution? Science vs. faith? Will the war ever end? Listen in as we lob a few shells over the ramparts. This week we consider threats posed by technology to human existence recently made the subject of a paper at Oxford University.
• The Reverend Dr. John DeLancey, our resident expert on archaeology, pops in each Tuesday morning around 8:10 Central for a look at both Old and New Testament history via archaeological findings. This week, John is returned from Israel and we talk about his visit to a number of archaeological sites.
• Doug Greenwold of Preserving Bible Times visits just after 8:00 Central each Wednesday morning to guide us through the historical and cultural context of Scripture. This week, more insights on shepherding in first century Israel.
• Gisle Sorli, Family Wealth Counselor, visits Thursday mornings just after 8:00. His "Steward's Progress" program airs several times daily.
• "Groundwork" with Pastor Dave Bast is heard Thursday evenings at 8:00 (Central) on Broken Road Radio ...earnest but casual conversations examining the application of Scripture to everyday life in answer to serious questions posed by listeners. Not at all "preachy". Good stuff!
• Sunday evenings enjoy "Lamplighter Theatre" at 7:00 ...dramatic new, state-of-the-art productions of centuries old stories done in the spirit of old radio. Great for young and old alike ...kids especially seem to love it!
Listen to live mornings from 7 - 10am Central each weekday ...but you can listen all day, every day for music you'll remember, music that inspires, makes you smile and even teaches, melodies that please, lyrics you can understand and artists that won't yell at you. We invite you to visit our Audio Archives page to replay or download podcasts with Doug Greenwold, Dr. John DeLancey and Dr. Don Clark ...and thanks for finding Broken Road Radio!